Last Revised: 20th March 2022
This website, including all sub-domains, is owned and operated by Age A.G. (UK) Ltd, either directly or through one of its subsidiaries ("us", "we", "Age Group "or "Company"). We respect the privacy of our users (each, "you" or "User") and are committed to protect the privacy of Users who access, visit, use or engage with our website(s), available at: https://www.agefriend.ly the "Services").
- What type of information we collect
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we use the information
- With whom we share the information and for what purpose
- International transfer
- How long we retain information for
- Your privacy rights
- How we protect your information
- Advertisements and Marketing
- How to contact us
What type of information we collect?
We collect two types of data from you: Personal Information ("Personal Information") and non-Personal Information. Personal Information means any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means (for example, email address or name). Non-Personal Information, by contrast, can be defined as any information that does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person. This may include, for example, your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device (e.g. the device you use, the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.), and in order to enhance the functionality of the Services. We may also collect information about your activity on the Services (e.g., mouse movements, mouse clicks, actions, online browsing etc.). This section sets out how and when we collect those types of data from you.
We may collect the following Personal Information:
- Account Information: When you subscribe to the Services, you will be asked to provide us certain details about yourself, including your name and email address. If you choose to log in, access or otherwise connect to the Services through a third party (such as Google or Facebook), we may collect Personal Data (e.g. full name and email address) associated with that this service, as the service allows us to access.
- Voluntary Information: We may collect information which you provide us voluntarily. Further, we may collect information when you respond to communications from us, communicate with us via email or share additional information about yourself through your use of the Services. We may also collect the feedback, suggestions, complaints, bugs and reports which you send to us.
- Usage Information: When you use our Services, we collect technical information about your interaction with our Services. Such information may include IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address) as well as other information which relates to your activity in the Services.
For the avoidance of doubt, if we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and other technologies
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and may be used for various different purposes. These purposes include, among other things, allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and the Services quicker, easier and smoother.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies which are saved on your device for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to identify who you are for repeated visits (for instance, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in).
- Third-Party Cookies which are set by other online services that run content on the page you view on your browser (for example, by third party advertising companies who monitor and analyze our website access).
How we use the information
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates;
- To set up your account, to the extent applicable, and to provide the Services;
- To identify and authenticate your access to certain features of the Services;
- To perform research or to conduct analytics in order to improve and customize the Services to your needs and interests;
- To support and troubleshoot the Services and to respond to your queries;
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Services;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Services; and
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
With whom we share the information and for what purpose
We may also disclose Personal Information, or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our affiliates, our Users, yourself or any third-party; (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies; and (vii) in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
Third-party collection of information
Our policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your information to other parties via the Services (e.g., by connecting your account on the Service with third party services or by clicking on a link to any other website or location) or via other sites throughout the Internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them.
Since we operate globally, Personal Information may be stored and processed in various countries worldwide. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries other than your own jurisdiction, including to the United States. These countries' data protection rules may differ from those in your country. We will take appropriate measures to ensure our transfers of Personal Information comply with applicable data protection laws.
How long we retain the information for
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined to take into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
Certain jurisdictions provide users with certain statutory rights with respect to their Personal Information. Subject to exemptions provided by law, and with proper identification, you may have some/all of the following rights available to you:
- Right to see what, if any, personal information about you we have;
- Right to change or update any Personal Information relating to you. For example, if you believe that your Personal Information is incorrect, you may ask to have it corrected or deleted);
- Right to request that we erase information about you (subject to any other legal obligation that may require us to keep the information);
- Right to restrict us from processing information pertaining to you; and
- Right to export information in a portable format;
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When handling your request, we may ask for additional information to confirm your identity (which may include personal information). However, please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your personal information, we may not be able to provide you the Services.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact us directly at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with applicable law, you can complain to your applicable data protection authority.
How we protect your information
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Services and your information. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of your information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. While we seek to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet and that there is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. Such breaches can lead to things such as reputational harm, fraud or identity theft. Therefore, we encourage you to exercise discretion regarding the Personal information you choose to disclose.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
If you feel that your privacy was treated not in accordance with our policy, or if any person attempted to abuse the Services or acted in an inappropriate manner, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your full name, email address, etc., either directly or indirectly, to send you notifications, messages and other updates about new features, offerings, events and special opportunities or any other information we think you may find valuable. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us, through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional communications, you may notify us at any time by changing your communications preferences in your account, by following the “unsubscribe”, “stop”, “opt-out” or “change e-mail preferences” instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
The Services are not designated to individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. By accessing, using or interacting with our Services, you certify to us that you are not under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, you should not use the Services, nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you by us. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 18 or the Applicable Age has shared any information without verification of parental consent, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor has shared any information with us, it will be advisable to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions regarding the Services or the information that we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at email@example.com.
Age A.G. (UK) Ltd
43 Manchester Street,
London, England, W1U 7LP